Healthy Hummus Quesadillas are a perfect snack for any time. Filling, delicious and healthy. This recipe by Fit Men Cook is another great example that you can still get delicious meals in without having to pump yourself full of sodium, sugar or calories.
Combining different styles and cultures in meals is a great way to bring creativity to your diet. This is a fusion dish where Mediterranean-inspired cuisine (hummus) meets Latin-cuisine (quesadilla) – flavor overload.
Ingredients for 2 chicken quesadillas and 2 mushroom quesadillas:
- 1/4 cup homemade red pepper hummus
- 10oz chicken breast raw
- 1 large Portobello mushroom cap (chopped into pieces)
- 4 small 100-calorie multigrain tortillas
- 1 small avocado (sliced into 4 equal portions)
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- fresh cilantro (garnish)
- pico de gallo (garnish)
- coconut oil spray
Now, if you want step by step instructions, you’re gonna have to go over to Fit Men Cook. You can also follow him on social media below.